With the new year, we have already started counting the long weekends and holidays to plan our trips in advance. While travelling and holiday planning sounds interesting, people suffer from connectivity issues even in exotic tourist places due to lack of network infrastructure. Hence turning the excitement down, when you face challenge in connecting with your loved ones over call, watch 4K videos, uploading videos/pictures on social media or quickly sending an important work email.
Not to worry anymore, we’ve listed down some of the famous tourist destinations where you can enjoy Airtel 5G network using the same 4G SIM on your 5G enabled smartphone at a speed 20- 30 times faster than what you experience today.
- Siliguri: Home to the North Bengal Science Centre, Digital planetarium, and model T. rex, Siliguri is a beautiful city in the northeast Indian state of West Bengal. It sits in the foothills of the Himalayas, surrounded by tea gardens. With multiple restaurants serving mouthwatering vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, Siliguri is a beautiful place to plan your next family trip. Along with that, areas including Hill Point, Sevoke road, Bidhan market and Orbit mall are some of the places where you can seamlessly enjoy faster Airtel 5G network. Best time to plan your trip is October to February.
- Varanasi: Popularly known as the spiritual capital of India, Varanasi attracts Hindu pilgrims all year around. Areas including Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Ghatt Road, Adampur, Beniya Bagh Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Rajghat, Sarnath, Sigra, Thateri Bazaar and Varanasi Airport are already enjoying fast Airtel 5G, which ensures your next travel without worrying about the network in the area.
- Shimla: Thinking of trip to the hills? Shimla is your best option. With multiple options of comfortable stays and restaurants, Shimla has always been the favorite family destination for ages now. But network has been a matter of concern on the mountains. But with 5G network on Mall Road, Sanjoli, Dhalli, BhattaKufar, Ridge and Sanjoli Helipad area, you can easily access high speed internet connectivity on your 5G smartphone with the existing Airtel 4G sim, without worrying about spending extra on the packs.
- Ahmedabad: If you are thinking of exploring different cultures of India, this city should be on your list. With Sabarmati River running through its center, you can visit Gandhi Ashram at western bank of Sabarmati, which displays the spiritual leader’s living quarters and artifacts. Across the river, the Calico Museum of Textiles, once a cloth merchant’s mansion, has a significant collection of antique and modern fabric. Areas including SG Highway, Memnagar, Satellite, Navrangpura, Sabarmati, Motera, Chandkheda, South Bopal, Gomtipur, Memco and Bapunagar in Ahmedabad and places including Koba, Raysan, Sargasan, Pethapur in Gandhi Nagar are some of Airtel 5G areas where you can easily enjoy non-stop internet access.
- Srinagar: To enjoy the natural environment, gardens, waterfronts and houseboats, Srinagar is the favorite tourist destination of all times. Also known as the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, It lies in the Kashmir Valley on the banks of the Jhelum River, a tributary of the Indus, and Dal and Anchar lakes. Areas including Lal Chowk, Dal Lake, Rajbagh, Kashmir University, Karan Nagar, Channpora, Srinagar Secretariat, Nishat Garden, Chashma Shahi and Old City are already enjoying faster Airtel 5G network, allowing people connectivity all the time.
- Vizag: Vizag or Visakhapatnam, also known as port city and industrial center in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, on the Bay of Bengal is known for its many beaches, including Ramakrishna Beach, home to a preserved submarine at the Kursura Submarine Museum. Along with the beaches, Vizag is home to Kali Temple and the Visakha Museum, an old Dutch bungalow housing local maritime and historical exhibits. Areas including Dwarka Nagar, Beach Road, Dhaba gardens, Maddilapalem, Waltair Uplands, Purna Market, Gajuwaka JN, MVP Colony, Ramnagar, Railway station road, Tenneti nagar are some of the areas with non-stop Airtel 5G network.
- Bhubaneswar and Cuttack: Referred to as the ‘twin cities’ of Odisha, both the cities are situated at a distance of 27 kms and are home to many religious temples including Hindu Lingaraja Temple, Rajarani Temple and Maa Cuttack Chandi Temple. Areas including Nandan Vihar, Prashanti Vihar, KIIT, Kalarahanga, Chandaka Industrial Estate, Infocity, Kanan Vihar Ph I & Ph II, Sailashree Vihar, Niladri Vihar, Gadakana, Shree Vihar, Chandrasekharpur, BDA Colony, East Coast Railway Colony, XIMB, Fortune Tower, Maitree Vihar, Jaydev Vihar, Ekamra Kanan Park, Jagannath Vihar, IRC Village, Kalinga Stadium, Beherasahi, Shastri Nagar, CRPF Square, Sum Hospital Area, Bharatpur, Khandagiri, Aiginia, Kalinga Nagar, Kalinga Vihar, Jagamara, Dumduma, AIMS Hospital, Patrapada, Acharya Vihar, Chakeisiani, Rasulgarh, Sahid Nagar, Satya Nagar, Kharavela Nagar, Master Canteen, Rajmahal, Bapuji Nagar, Forest Park, Ganganagar, Kalpana, BJB Nagar, Lewis Road, Ravi Talkies, Samantarapur, Bargada BRIT Colony, Laxmisagar, Chintamaniswar, Palasuni in Bhubaneswar & Balikuda, Gopalpur, Kalyaninagar, Balisahi, Rajendra Nagar, Nuasahi, Nayabazar, Mahanadi Vihar, Chauliaganj, OMP, Railway Station, Malgodown, Shankarpur, Badambadi, Dolamundai, Choudhury Bazar, Balubazar, Darghabazar, Machhuabazar, Beparisahi, Barabati Stadium, Chandimandir, Kanika Chhak, CDA Sector – 6, CDA Sector – 7, CDA Sector – 10, CDA Sector – 11 in Cuttack offer the tourists nonstop 5G network on their Airtel network.
- Kochi: Known as the Queen of Arabian Sea, the city also flaunts one of the finest natural harbors of the world and was the centre of the world spice trade for many centuries. Old Kochi (presently called West Kochi) loosely refers to a group of islands which comprise Willingdon Island, Fort Kochi, Mattancherry and many more. Areas including Kadavanthara, Panampilly Nagar, Jawahar Nagar, Kaloor, Kacheripady, Elamakkara, Ernakulam Town Hall, Ernakulam KSRTC Junction, MG Road/Maharaja’s College Grounds, Edapally, Palarivattom NH, Vyttila, Chilavanur, Thoppumpady, Ravipuram and a few other locations offer the tourists nonstop 5G network on their Airtel network.
To experience Airtel 5G Plus in the above-mentioned cities all you need to do is simply switch your network settings to 5G on your 5G enabled smartphone and you are ready to go. Your current Airtel 4G SIM is forward-compatible with 5G and works seamlessly on your 5G smartphone.