Mumbai sees a 2x jump in pack subscriptions
International Roaming Plan starts as low as 133/day, making it more economical than even the local
SIMs of most countries
Kiosk introduced at international terminal to serve customers better
Bharti Airtel, one of India’s leading telecommunications service providers, has witnessed a growth of 100% in the subscription of packs for customers travelling abroad from Mumbai as compared to last year. To cater to this surge and provide last-minute assistance, Airtel has set up an international roaming kiosk at the departure terminal of Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in the duty-free area.
In order to make staying connected easy, intuitive and compelling, Airtel has refreshed its International Roaming Plan such that it costs as little as 133/day at the starting point, making it more economical than the local SIMs of most countries. This has resulted in a significant jump for the company in pack subscriptions in both the prepaid and postpaid segments. The 10-day validity packs remain the most popular pack subscriptions among the Mumbaikar outroamers and even though USA and UK are the most frequently travelled destinations from India, the most popular international holiday destinations on Airtel’s network for Mumbaikars are European countries like Germany, France, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
Vibhor Gupta, CEO, Mumbai, Bharti Airtel, commenting on Airtel’s new International Roaming Plan, had this to say, “At Airtel, we are continuously challenging ourselves to keep improving our customers’ experience. Our new international roaming plans once again focus on putting the customer first. Reliable connectivity when travelling abroad is an absolute necessity nowadays. Our industry-leading roaming plans are very affordable and will ensure that our customers can stay connected all the time, wherever they are, without the hassle of changing their SIM cards or numbers. We are seeing travel already soar this holiday season and we look forward to serving Mumbaikars through a more connected travel experience”.
Airtel’s International Roaming Plan offers several advantages over local SIM cards, including seamless connectivity (with no need for a change of number), the best available network, flexible duration options, unlimited emergency connectivity, control through the Airtel Thanks App and a dedicated toll-free number 99100-99100 available on call and WhatsApp. Further, recognising the importance of simplifying activation for international outroamers, Airtel has set up a kiosk at the departure terminal of Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in the duty-free area.
Key features of the Airtel IR Plan include:
- One of the most affordable plans in the world: The Airtel IR Plan is very affordable and it costs as little as 133/day making it more convenient and economical than the local SIMs of most countries.
- Duration is the only decision that customers need to make: Customers simply need to select the duration of their travel, ranging from 1 day to 90 days, or even opt for an annual International Roaming Pack for NRIs, making it convenient and flexible for all types of travellers.
- Unlimited emergency connectivity: Even if customers exhaust their data limit, essential services such as messaging, emails and web browsing will continue to work, ensuring they are never disconnected. Top-up options are also available through the Airtel Thanks App and the Airtel website.
- Control in customer’s hands: Through the Airtel Thanks App, customers can easily manage their plans, switch the service on or off, change the plan, purchase extra data and activate international roaming upon landing in their destination country.
- Same number throughout: Customers can stay connected with friends and family on the same number and be able to receive updates from their banks, hotels and airlines throughout.
- Safety: With Airtel’s IR pack, customers can avoid exposing their private documents to local shops for a new SIM. They can also protect themselves from fraudulent banking transactions by remaining on the same number.
- 24×7 dedicated troubleshooting support: Airtel provides dedicated support through the toll-free number +91 99100-99100, available everywhere. Customers can call or message through WhatsApp to receive assistance from experienced executives.